|Last date of receipt of forms
|Normal Admissions without late fee
| Admission with late fee of Rs. 100/ with the permission of principal
|Admission with late fee of Rs. 100/ Per day subject to a minimum of Rs. 500/
and maximum of Rs. 1000/- with the permission of Principal
|Classes begin from
|| 05 September
Important Notes on Admission
- Applications received after 07 August would not be considered.
- The last date for admission in B.Sc is 30 September.
- Admission would be made strictly on the merit basis.
- Timing of admission will be from 8:30A.M. to 2:30 P.M.
- Compartment candidates will be entertained on the last day of admission subject to the availability of seats.
- If fee is not deposited within the time prescribed in merit list, the candidate would forego his/her right for admission and in no case would be considered for the same again.
- Prospectus is not a legal document. It is only for general information and guidance.
- The college reserves the right to refuse admission to any applicant without assigning reason.
- Boys admission also started in our college.
(a) BSc Nursing :- Candidates who shall attain the age of 17 year and has passed higher secondary school certificate examination (12 year course) Senior school certificate examination (10+2) or an equivalent examination with 12 years schooling with at least five subjects including Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with minimum of 50% aggregate marks (PCBE) from a board /institute recognized by Pt. B.D. Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rothak and Equivalent shall be eligible to join the first year B.Sc Nursing Course. A candidate getting compartment in 10+2 examination will be consider for admission in case he/she produces the proof of passing qualifying examination (10+2) the day of counseling. The percentage of marks, as specified above, will be reduced to 45% in case of the candidates belonging to SC/ST.
(b) Candidates who have passed GNM course and fulfilling all the conditions as laid down by the university shall be eligible for admission to Post Basic B.Sc Nursing.
(c) GNM :- Candidates who have passed 10+2 examination from board/ university.
Medium of Instructions
The medium of course instruction will be English only.
Prospectus and application forms:
All candidates desiring admission in B.Sc Nursing 4 year Degree course/Two years B.Sc.
Nursing (Post basic), GNM will have to obtain a copy of the prospectus against payment
of Rs. 300/- in cash at the counter or by money order/demand draft of Rs. 350/- payable
to Birender Singh College of Nursing Uchana (Jind).
The blank application forms are attached to the prospectus. Application complete in all
respect in student's own handwriting must be sent under Registered AD cover
addressed to Birender Singh College of Nursing, Uchana, Jind (HARYANA). The cost of
prospectus for SC/ST candidates would be Rs.150/- in cash and Rs.175/- by demand
The application form must be accompanied with:
- A certificate from the head of the institution last attended, showing:
(i) That the candidate has passed the qualifying examination.
(ii) That the candidate bears good moral character,
- An attested copy of the Matriculation certificate as proof of date of birth.
- The Scheduled Caste, Backward Class and Scheduled Tribe candidates must give a certificate to that effect from the concerned SDM issued in the current year.
- University/ Board Migration certificate.
- Certificate for validating the claim of weightage.
- Affidavit for gap period, if any, duly attested by Notary.
- Five passport size latest photographs and one should be duly pasted on the application form.
- Medical fitness certificate from a doctor with minimum MBBS.
College Rules & Regulation for the students:
- Punctuality to be maintained by the students.
- College timing will be from 9.00 am to 2.30 pm.
- Uniform is must with neat grooming.
- Unauthorized leave will not be entertained.
- Strict disciplinary action will be initiated for misbehavior of the students.
- Students should not roam outside during the class hours.
- Compulsorily minimum of 90% of attendance to be obtained both in theory & practical.
- Attendance shortage candidate will not be permitted to appear for examinations.
- All original documents has to be produced during the time of admission.
- will be levied for unauthorized leave.
- Late comers are not permitted to class & marked as absent.
- Students should appear for all 3 sessionals & Model Exams conducted by the college.
- Students should submit all assignments, procedure books,Case books in specified dates.
- Students should keep classroom & surroundings clean.
- Students should follow strict dress code in college & in clinical field.
- ID cards with uniform.
- Hairs to be put up.
- Watch on left wrist.
- Medium or small size round bindi .
- Small studs for ear.
- Nails to be short.
- Cutex & eye-tex will be prohibited.
- Pocket articles necessary .
- Students should inspect notice board daily.
- Students should discuss problems with class co-ordinator or principal.
- Students should take part in all extra curricular activities arranged by the school/college.
- Students should take responsibility in maintaining their health.
- Each students conduct, character & behavior are evaluated every 3 month. If report is not satisfactory suitable action will be taken.
- If anyone disobeys the rules parents will be called for guidance & counseling.
University Examinations and Class Tests
- No student shall be allowed to appear in the college examination unless he/ she has attended at least 90% lectures delivered to the class in each subject.
- To be eligible for the college examination, the students have to fulfill conditions specified in the ordinances related to the examination given in the college
- Students using unfair means in the class tests/ examinations shall be severely punished and all concession granted to them shall be withdrawn.
- In case a student does not appear in the class tests/ examinations, he/ she has to deposit a fund of Rs. 500/- per tests for the special arrangement to be made for him/ her for reappearing in the examination
- The answer book of the class tests/ examinations will be given to students for inspection, but must be returned to the teacher concerned to be deposited with the examination branch of the college.
The candidate will be required to present himself/herself personally before the admission committee of the college with application form alongwith aforesaid documents. Selection will be made strictly on merit basis.